Here are my top 10 favorite animal movies that everyone should watch (or read the books).
The reason I picked this set of movies is because they educate, move, and entertain the audience.
1.) Born Free
- Synopsis: This is the story of Else the lion. Joy Adamson and her husband George Adamson, raise Elsa and when she reaches maturity, Joy determines she must teach Elsa to live in the wild so that she can return to life as a wild lion.
- Synopsis: The Morgans, a loving and strong family of Black sharecroppers in Louisiana in 1933, face a serious family crisis when the husband and father, Nathan Lee Morgan, is convicted of a petty crime and sent to a prison camp. After some weeks or months, the wife and mother, Rebecca Morgan, sends the oldest son, who is about 11 years old, to visit his father at the camp. The trip becomes something of an odyssey for the boy. During the journey he stays a little while with a dedicated Black schoolteacher. Written by Ed Cannon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
3.) Two Brothers
- Synopsis: The story of two brother tigers, a young boy and a hunter.
4.) Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey
- Synopsis: Chance, Sissy, and Shadow are left after their family goes on vacation. They make the long trek across the United States to get back to their owners.
5.) Black Beauty
- Synopsis: Black Beauty, a beautiful black stallion recalls his life through from his birth through his carefree life as a colt, and the many hardships he suffered after achieving maturity. He goes through many owners, both good and bad, until he finally finds happiness and contentment. Written by email@example.com
- Synopsis: Sandy Ricks is sent by his mom to Coral Key, a rustic island in the Florida keys, to spend the summer with his uncle Porter Ricks. Sandy dislikes everything about his new environment until a new friend comes into his life, a dolphin named Flipper, that brings uncle and nephew together and leads Sandy on the summer adventure of a lifetime. Written by Wayne Coleman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
7.) Where the Red Fern Grows
- Synopsis: A boy is on a mission to get two red bone hounds. He saves money to get them and when he does he learns that taking care of them is harder than he thought. But Loving them was much easier.
- Synopsis: Marty, a young boy, must rescue a beagle from abusive owner Judd Travers.
9.) Free Willy
- Synopsis: The story of a boy, a whale, and the need to be free.
10.) Christian the Lion
No Trailer Available.
- Synopsis: Christian the Lion was adopted by to men, John and Ace. They lived in a flat in London and once they realized the flat would be too little and how much he ate they decided it would be best to introduce him into the wild of Africa.
EXTRA: If you want to catch a couple other good movies the new Earth and Oceans by Disney are both really informative.
Answer to the Fun Fact!:
B.) Chow Chow
Fun Fact!: In Alaska it is illegal to whisper in someones ear while hunting what animal?
Find out the answer in the next blog!