Kids of all ages running around on their scavenger hunts, dissecting squid and small sharks, and learning about penguins. All of these these things are just some of the activities that happen at the program hosted by Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies. The best part about the sleep overs is the one on one time with the Educators who work the program. The kids get to ask questions and see things they wouldn’t be able to on a normal day at the aquarium and even the adults get to learn new things about the aquarium they didn’t know before.
This program is great for schools, boy scouts, girl scouts, and large families looking to have a great time. My elementary did this several years ago and everyone that went had a blast. It is definitely worth a checking out the webpage for more info.
This is fun for all ages but there are requirements to participate in the sleep overs:
- 12 child minimum – 100 person maximum.
- If you are not able to meet the minimum requirements listed above, inquire about our Family Editions on March 2, 2013, August 3, 2013, September 21, 2013 & November 2, 2013 – Maximum of 40 People per Date.
- Credit card is required to secure reservation.
But the best part for adults is:
- One complimentary adult for every 10 paid children.
- Offered every night of the week.
- Complimentary LED Glow Necklace for Each Participant.
If you’re curious about their schedule layout for the night:
- 8:00pm — Check-In
- 8:15pm — Welcome and Warm-Up Game
- 8:45pm — Dive Show
- 9:15pm — NEW Late Night Activity
- 10:15pm — Pizza Snack and NEW Healthier Snack Option
- 10:45pm — Scavenger Hunt and Aquarium Self-Guided Tour
- 11:45pm — Set Up Camp in Shark Lagoon
- 12:00am — Lights Out
- 7:00am — Wake Up
- 7:45am — Continental Breakfast and NEW Healthier Options
- 8:15am — Creature Feature
- 8:45am — See You Again Soon!
If you want to make a reservation for a Sleep with the Sharks contact the Education Department or call 888-240-1358 ext. 2142
Hope to see you there!